Here are some nice book gift ideas for a girl who is into fantasy, science-fiction or just creepy things in general. Obviously, the best way to think of a gift idea of your own is to know what the geek girl you are buying for likes. Alternatively, here are some general ideas.
1. The Hobbit by J R R Tolkien. The second movie in the series comes out in December, so a tie in book would also be an interesting idea such as ‘Chronicles: Art and Design (The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug)’
2. The Walking Dead. This show is pretty big at the moment, which is based on a series of graphic novels so it would be the perfect gift this Christmas. You get her the shows box set, or the first volume in the graphic novel series or, the game.
3. If your geek girl is more into paranormal romance and urban fantasy, then chances are she likes True Blood the TV show. Obviously, you could get the DVD, but alternatively, you could get the omnibus version of the first three books. Or another option would be to get the Harper Connelly Omnibus another series by the author of True Blood, Charlaine Harris.
4. On the same note there are lots of other urban fantasy series out there. A personal favourite of mine is the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong, which begins with Bitten.
5. Comic books/ graphic novels are huge now. There are the Avengers series of films, plus the new Man of Steel which comes out in early December on DVD. There are lots of comic books available, such as ‘Avengers – Volume One: Avengers World’
6. In terms of less mainstream comics, the Sandman Library by Neil Gaiman is amazing and is beautifully illustrated by a host of different artists. It begins with’ Preludes and Nocturnes’